It’s important that the FIT Bodywrap is properly maintained, not only to extend the life of the system, but also to ensure that clients are receiving the best possible service in your business. As with most commercial equipment following state board cleanliness regulations is pertinent, as well as training all team members on the proper cleaning and safety procedures.
An often-overlooked step is proper storage. When a session is not running, make sure that the blanket and arm wraps are thoroughly clean and kept closed. This will help reduce stress on the areas where the wraps fold. The FIT Controller should be either wall-mounted or placed on a nearby table or shelf. Your customers should never walk around or over the cords.
How to Clean & Maintain a FIT Bodywrap System
Daily Maintenance – After every session:
- Step 1: Open the body wrap and arm wraps up completely. Remove any trash and wipe up any residue in the wrap with a clean towel.
- Step 2: Spray a hospital grade disinfectant (We recommend PREempt or Australian Gold pH Neutral Disinfectant.) liberally all over the wrap and arms, following the specific instructions on your cleaner for the length of time it is to be left on.
- Step 3: Wipe away disinfectant with a clean towel.
- Step 4: Use a clean damp towel to remove any chemical or cleaner residue.
- Step 5: Allow the wrap to dry completely before closing it and be sure to wipe the outside of the wrap clean.
- Inspect and detangle cords, ensuring they’re plugged in fully and properly.
- A deep cleaning is recommended minimum one per week to optimal cleanliness. We recommend doing this at the end of the night so that the room and wraps have time to air out.
- Run a session to make sure each zone is heating properly.
- Check for any scuffs or stains on the outside of the wrap or trim – these can be cleaned with a foaming cleaner such as Resolve. Make sure to avoid getting this cleaning product on the interior vinyl of the wrap, as it can dry out the material.
- Clean your controller: spray disinfectant onto a clean towel and gently wipe down the controller, including the touch panel on the front, which your team and customers frequently touch.
- Spray compressed air into the fan and vents of the controller to remove dust build-up.
- Remove debris from the Velcro with a file-cleaning wire brush but be very careful not to scratch or scuff the vinyl.
Replacing body wrap and arm wraps
- Just like light bulbs or tires on a car, the body wrap and arm wraps are wear-and-tear items that will start to show signs of use over time.
- Replacement timeframes will vary depending on age, usage, and maintenance.
Resolving technical issues
- Should a technical issue arrive our tech support staff is here to help! Most troubleshooting can be handled over the phone; any repairs that need attention are handled in-house. Most repairs are completed within three business days, assuring as little downtime as possible.